INDIA’S HONEST INDEPENDENT INDEX OF INCREMENTAL IMPROVEMENTS IN GOVERNANCE
SKOCH STATE OF GOVERNANCE
|Agriculture Power & Energy||Power & Energy|
| Animal Husbandry &|
|Consumer Affairs||Skill Development|
|Cooperation||Tourism & Culture|
|e-Governance|| SOCIAL INCLUSION|
|Food & Civil Supplies||Labour|
|General Administration||Rural Development|
|Geology & Mining||Sanitation|
|Handlooms & Textiles||Social Justice &|
|Horticulture||Sports & Youth|
|Municipal Governance|| Women & Child|
|Police & Safety||Disaster Management|
SKOCH STATE OF SOCIAL INCLUSION
|24||Jammu & Kashmir|
▶ Top Performing States in ‘SKOCH State of Governance
Index Jan-Jun 2023’ Assessment
|GET RATED ✪|
| State of Governance Index|
| State of Social Inclusion Index|
| State of Financial Inclusion Index|
| State of Digital Inclusion Index|
▶ SURVEY OPEN ✪
- Well performing projects are submitted by Centre & States for evaluation.
- Projects measured from – Prism of Citizen; Project Level Outcomes; Incremental Progress; Before & After.
- First round of vetting and shortlisting is done by our analysts.
- Shortlisted projects go through evaluation and interview by domain experts.
- A peer evaluation is carried out by those doing similar projects.
- Select field research is done to evaluate impact.
- These projects are put to a popular vote by stakeholders.
- Merit listed (order-of-merit) projects qualify for expert evaluation.
- Experts vote through exhibition and live polls.
- Each project therefore gets a comprehensive score. Total of these decide state and sectoral performances.
- Maximum score at each level is capped to create a level playing field.
- Merit listed projects that qualify for deeper study receive an order-of-merit certificate.
- A weightage of these certificates is added to the overall state score.
- Based on the final score received by a project, it is certified as Platinum, Gold or Silver.
- Each such rating has a value that is added to the state’s overall score.
- Based on overall scores, the states are ranked in governance
- Based on indicator scores, states are ranked sectorally.
- Top five states are rated Star states, next five are rated as Performer states and the next five are rated as Catching-up states and the rest are rated as others.
- The overall score across 37 parametres feed into the SKOCH State of Governance Index. The Index is updated every six months and there is also a Cumulative ( ) Index since 2014.
- Improvements in sectors defined as Social by the Reserve Bank of India feed into SKOCH Social Inclusion Index.
- A similar methodology is followed for sectors such as BFSI, that helps us create the most comprehensive Financial Inclusion Index
- A periodic field level impact assessment and research is done in well performing sectors in states. These sectors and states are selected through empirical data trends and submissions.
- Top state functionaries are interviewed, their data and dashboards understood by our research team. Research team(s) and mystery shoppers interview beneficiaries to get their feedback. These are recorded as videos as well as case studies.
- These case studies are sectorally collated and are used to validate data provided by the state. This research also serves as a field level input to state on what is working and why? Can it be improved? Can there be correctives?
- SKOCH Group is the only independent organisation carrying on these field level interviews, research and documentations since 2000
- There is an exhaustive knowledge repository available on this work.
- Ratings and ranks are limited by submissions made by the states and their interest in getting the incremental progress in their governance measured in India’s oldest time-series Governance Index.
- Revenue is generated through commercial activites related to Information, Communication and Education (ICE).This includes advertising, exhibitions and sponsorships.
- No rating or ranking can be determined based on any commercial considerations outside of SKOCH’s stated Methodology and Ethics Policy.
- Only projects, sectors and governments are rated and recognised.
- Individuals cannot apply for any personal recognition or rating.
- Our methodology is unique and has been fine-honed over decades of primary and secondary research. The results are not comparable with any other methodology that is either government/multi-lateral or sponsor funded secondary research based indices.
⋆ Impact Assessment on Inclusive Growth Currently Underway
|🟨 PMMY||🟨 EoDB||🟨 Gujarat||🟨 Tamil Nadu|
|🟨PMAY||🟨Tribal||🟨 West Bengal||🟨 Odisha|
|🟨 PMJDY||🟨 MSME||🟨 Andhra Pradesh||🟨Rajasthan|